The PaxView® TB / NTM MPCR-ULFA kit is qualitative in vitro test for the detection of two specific genes of Mycobacterium tuberculosis, IS6110 and mtp40, and a specific gene of the genus Mycobacterium, rpoB, found in sputum or bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) found in the human body using the multiple polymerase chain reaction (MPCR) and the universal lateral flow assay (ULFA). This test is for professional use and is intended to aid in the diagnosis of MTB and/or NTM infection.
The PaxView® TB / NTM MPCR-ULFA Kit adopts PaxGenBio’s proprietary technology utilizing the patented universal probe linked to the PCR primer that amplifies a target gene from clinical samples and enables visual inspection of DNA-DNA hybridization between the universal probe at one end of PCR Products and their complementary sequence. When loaded onto the sample pad in a ULFA cartridge, the PCR products move over the nitrocellulose membrane along with the run buffer and hybridize with the complementary DNA fragments immobilized in specific regions of the nitrocellulose membrane. Finally, it is easy to visually verify the results within 10 minutes of adding the PCR products.
Features and Advantages
Simultaneous diagnosis of infection by Mycobacterium tuberculosis complex (MTBC) and Nontuberculous
- Application of MPCR-ULFA (Multiplex PCR – Universal Lateral Flow Assay), the patented PaxGenBio technology
- Amplify and detect specific genes, IS6110 or mpt40 for Mycobacterium tuberculosis and rpoB gene for NTM
- High sensitivity and specificity
– Limit of detection (LoD); MTBC: 2 copies / μl, NTM: 10 copies / μl
- Visual check of results (10-15 minutes), ease of use